What is SoundCleod?
SoundCleod is a desktop application which brings SoundCloud to macOS and Windows without using a web browser.
Why is that good?
- No more ‘trying to find in which tab is SoundCloud running’..
- Media keys support! (Yeah, those with ▶ ❚❚ on them.)
- Stops on suspend.
SoundCleod is a weird name. How to pronounce it?
How to get it?
Current version is 1.4.0 (August 31, 2018) see changes
- Download macOS installer from here
- Locate the installer (.dmg) file in the Finder
- Right click (or control-click) on the installer file
- If prompted “SoundCleod-1.4.0.dmg” is from an unidentified developer. Are you sure you want to open it?, click Open.
- Drag SoundCleod into your Applications folder
- Go to Applications, right click (or control-click) on SoundCleod
- Click Open
- Click Open when prompted “SoundCleod” is from an unidentified developer. Are you sure you want to open it?
- Optionally drag SoundCleod from Applications into the Dock
To use media keys on macOS Mojave (10.14) or newer:
- Click Open System Preferences when prompted “SoundCleod would like to control this computer using accessibility features.
- Alternatively, if you do not get prompted, open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility
- Click the lock to make changes (at the bottom)
- Tick the checkbox to allow SoundCleod access the media keys (add SoundCleod with the + button if it is not listed)
- Restart SoundCleod
Important! Minimum required macOS version is 10.9.x (Mavericks).
- Download Windows installer from here
- Save the file when prompted
- Run the downloaded installer
Important! Windows 7 or newer is required (only 64 bit, 32 bit Windows is not supported).
Using Homebrew Cask?
brew cask install soundcleod
Note: the homebrew method is supported by the Caskroom team, please report installation issues there.
To play SoundCloud:
Forks Using SoundCleod “Engine”
To play other stuff:
Contributing, reporting bugs
SoundCleod is an open source project built by Márton Salomváry released under MIT license. The project is hosted on GitHub, feel free to fork the code and make any changes you want. We even have documentation for first-time contributors!
Found a bug? Have a feature request? Create a GitHub issue.
Use at your own risk. It might destroy the Earth. Or better don’t use it.