What is SoundCleod?
SoundCleod is a desktop application which brings SoundCloud to macOS and Windows without using a web browser.
Why is that good?
- No more ‘trying to find in which tab is SoundCloud running’..
- Media keys support! (Yeah, those with ▶ ❚❚ on them.)
- Stops on suspend.
SoundCleod is a weird name. How to pronounce it?
How to get it?
Current version is 1.3.0 (April 20, 2017) see changes
- Download macOS installer from here
- Double click the file
- Drag SoundCleod into your Applications folder
- Go to Applications, right click (or control-click) on SoundCleod
- Click Open
- Click Open when prompted “SoundCleod” is from an unidentified developer. Are you sure you want to open it?
- Optionally drag SoundCleod from Applications into the Dock
Important! Minimum required macOS version is 10.9.x (Mavericks).
- Download Windows installer from here
- Save the file when prompted
- Run the downloaded installer
Important! Windows 7 or newer is required (only 64 bit, 32 bit Windows is not supported).
Using Homebrew Cask?
brew cask install soundcleod
Note: the homebrew method is supported by the Caskroom team, please report installation issues there.
To play SoundCloud:
- Any modern web browser
- BeardedSpice (Mac)
- Soundnode App (Mac, Win, Linux)
- Cumulus (Mac)
- StreamCloud (Mac)
- Vox (Mac)
Forks Using SoundCleod “Engine”
To play other stuff:
Contributing, reporting bugs
SoundCleod is an open source project built by Márton Salomváry released under MIT license. The project is hosted on GitHub, feel free to fork the code and make any changes you want.
Found a bug? Have a feature request? Create a GitHub issue.
Use at your own risk. It might destroy the Earth. Or better don’t use it.